What is E-Safety?
The Internet has become part of our everyday lives and is now easier to access than ever before. At Saint John's we embrace it as a wonderful learning tool. However, we recognise that the Internet can also have risks. Young people are more at risk of exposure to inappropriate or criminal behaviour if they are unaware of the dangers.
These dangers include:
- viewing unsuitable content
- giving out personal information
- arranging to meet an online 'friend'
- becoming involved in, or the victim of, bullying
- spending too much time online, which can effect concentration, sleep and health
Please see below for some useful website links and a downloadable copy of our school E-Safety Parents' Guide.
An Introduction to Online Safety - Part 1
An Introduction to Online Safety - Part 2
An Introduction to Online Safety - Part 3
An Introduction to Online Safety - Part 4