This term we have two topics:
Happy Habitats – Science based and focusing on classifying and comparing living things
Rotten Romans – History based and concentrating on exploring the influence of Ancient Rome.
Year 4 Homework Expectations
- Homework is usually given on a Wednesday and must be handed in by the following Monday - any incomplete or forgotten work must be finished at school during playtime.
- Reading to an adult should be completed daily, if possible, with the Home/School diary signed at least twice a week (3 signatures gets a housepoint!).
- Weekly spellings should be practised regularly at home –ready for the Wednesday test.
- Writing homework will usually consist of writing sentences containing their spelling words.
- Maths homework will often be some Mathletics activities.
- Each term a project is set for independent research at home