Enrichment and Partnership
In addition to our "regular" curriculum, we ensure there are many opportunities for the children to flourish by providing them with enrichment activities, often through our partnerships with other schools or with organisations or individuals.
See the tabs to the right hand side for specific areas of enrichment
Some examples of our enrichment and partnership activities are:
- Working with Cheltenham College - using their facilities in Forest School, Sports, Drama, Science and Art; engaging in their extra-curriculum provision on occasion, such as going to see a performance; sixth-form students reading with our pupils; joining for Experience Days, such as the Big Sing at the Town Hall.
- Drama Experiences - a professional actor spending an afternoon teaching and working alongside our pupils to encourage imaginative portrayals of their learning.
- Christian connections - visits to St Luke's Church and Highbury Church for Experience Christmas or other Experience Journeys published by the Gloucester Diocese but provided by our local church attenders to enhance our children's understanding of the Christian faith.
- Working with local business - for example, John Lewis inviting our pupils to display their work as part of the Literature Trail during the Literature Festival
- Regular visits to local places such as the Town Library
- Participating in matches against other schools in football and netball - and chess!
- Our week's residential where the children have a wonderful time trying out new and exciting activities, as well as learning to be away from home for four nights.
- Trips to cultural centres, such as museums and art galleries, as well as places like @Bristol ensure that the children see and experience places they might otherwise miss out on!